Manufacturers’ reps often have several advantages over internal, corporate sales reps. First, manufacturers’ reps often focus on a particular region and account list their entire careers, providing them with deep industry knowledge and buyer relationships that are difficult to replicate. Second, manufacturers’ reps generally represent multiple complementary lines at any given time, which can help newer brands “tag along” with more established brands that buyers may be more familiar with. Finally, manufacturers’ are primarily paid on commissions, so they are only rewarded if they succeed, and this tends to be highly motivating.
- What is a manufacturers’ rep?
- Isn’t it more cost-effective to hire a full-time sales manager rather than outsource to a rep?
- What advantages do manufacturers’ reps have versus internal sales reps?
- Do reps pay to be listed on Abound?
- How do you make sure only high-quality reps are listed on Abound?
- Can I pitch my brand to Reps?
- Best practices when sending outreach messages to reps
- What if a rep doesn’t reply to my RepMail pitch?