A manufacturers’ rep (a.k.a “Rep”, “Broker”, “Independent Sales Rep”, “Nonmerchant Middleman”, “Distribution Consultant”, “Independent Sales Agent” or “Sales Consultant”) is typically an independent salesperson that helps a brand or manufacturer expand product distribution to new accounts and/or regions. For consumer-facing products, the target account is usually a retail company, though it can also be a distributor. For commercial-facing products, target accounts can be distributors, other manufacturers and even end customers. Manufacturers’ reps act as a client’s external sales person or an extension of the internal sales team, and they are generally paid through a commission on product sales.
- What is a manufacturers’ rep?
- Isn’t it more cost-effective to hire a full-time sales manager rather than outsource to a rep?
- What advantages do manufacturers’ reps have versus internal sales reps?
- Do reps pay to be listed on Abound?
- How do you make sure only high-quality reps are listed on Abound?
- Can I pitch my brand to Reps?
- Best practices when sending outreach messages to reps
- What if a rep doesn’t reply to my RepMail pitch?